How strong are you?
你有多强大?
That is a tough question to answer, whether you are a man or a woman.
无论你是男性还是女性,这都是个非常难回答的问题。
But, really, I want to ask… how do you define your strength?
但,说实话,我想了解,你是如何概念力量的呢?
How do you know your limits? How do you know just how much you’ve got?
你是怎么样知道我们的局限性?你如何了解你能做到什么程度?
When push comes to shove, we often discover that we are much stronger than we think.
当重压到来时,大家会发现大家比想象中要更强大。
What is Strength?
什么是力量?
Strength is not always about pure physical strength. Rather, it is about willpower. Discipline. Drive. It is about the capacity to get things done.
力量并不只指你的肌肉力量,它更多的指的是意志力、练习、动力。是一种可以做好事情的能力。
I know some people who are intellectually strong, but they get very little done in their jobs. And I know others who find work extremely challenging, but are able to move mountains by their sheer drive and hard work.
我了解有一些人虽然非常聪明,但他们在工作中可以做好的事情却极少。而另外一些人虽然了解工作非常具备挑战性,但他们仍能通过强大的动力和艰苦的工作来移动大山。
They possess inner strength.
他们具备强大的内心力量。
More interesting, is that these productive hard-workers often don’t even notice the load. Bystanders are not only amazed, but often ask, “How do you do it?”
更有趣的是,这类很努力工作的人并没意识到工作量的巨大。旁观者不只感到非常吃惊,而且还常常问,“你是如何做到的?”
The answer usually comes back, “I just work harder than the others.”
常常得到如此的回答,“我只不过比其他人更努力一些罢了。”
So, why are some people able to do more? What gives them added drive? What gives them extra strength?
所以,为何有的人就能做到更多?他们的动力是哪儿来的呢?是哪个给予他们多余的力量?
Could it be, they have simply given themselves permission to do more?
还是,只是他们自己给自己力量来做到更多?
Self-Imposed Limits
自我强加的局限性
What I have observed is that most people impose their own limits. They limit their output based on self-framed constraints of their capabilities and strengths. Sometimes these boundaries are based on past experiences. Sometimes they are based on perceived capacities. Sometimes these limits are based on nothing.
据我所察看,不少人都是自己强加给我们的局限性。他们有时依据能力和力量自我设定了他们的局限,有时依据过去的历程设定一些边界,还有些依据想象中的能力设定,还有的则毫无任何依据就限定了我们的力量。
I can’t do that.
我办不到。(为何呢?)
That is too much for me.
对我来讲太难了。(你如何了解太难?)
I can’t put in that much effort.
我办不到那样努力。(假如你做了会如何?)=
I am not smart enough to solve that.
我不够聪明,解决不了这件事。(你不尝试如何能这样确定?)
So, how do we break through these limits? How do we get stronger?
所以,如何才能打破这类局限?如何才能更强大?
Pushing It…
给自己点重压
Many people are going through the motions, but are nowhere near their limits.
不少人都做出了实质行动,但从来就没到达他们的极限。
If you want to be stronger, you have to push your boundaries.
假如你想变得愈加强大,你就要打破你的局限。
Pushing it is what it takes to increase your limits. In the gym, bodybuilders discovered this long ago. But, the same principle is true when it comes to inner strength. Discipline and drive.
给自己施加重压就能提升你的极限。在体育馆,健身者非常早之前就领会到了这一点。所以,同样的原则运用到内心力量方面也是正确的,练习自己,给自己一些动力。
Want to test your limits? Push yourself. Test your self-perceived constraints to see how accurate they are. Make sure your goals are slightly beyond what you think can be achieved.
你想挑战你的极限吗?那就给自己点重压。去测试下自己以前的极限有多准确。要确定一个能稍微超越力所能及的目的。
You Are Stronger Than You Think
你比自己想象的要强大
Most people underestimate their strength.
不少人低估了我们的能力。
As you go through your day, challenge your capacity. Test your limits.
当你过每一天的时候,都要挑战一下你的能力,测试下我们的极限。
Push yourself, to find your true boundaries and define your strength.
给自己施加点重压,找到你真的的极限,然后概念你的能力。
When you discover how much you’ve really got, you may surprise even yourself.
当你发现你真的能获得的,你会发现自己都感到不可思议。
What are your self-imposed limits? Which do you need to push? When have you found that you were much stronger than you thought?
你给自己强加的限制是什么?哪一方面需要你增加重压呢?到什么时间你会发现你比想象中要强大呢?